Matrx Flo-tech Solution Foam and Gel Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Foam pressure relief cushions provide excellent comfort and weight distribution on their own, and when foam is combined with gel, pressure relief can be enhanced even further. The Matrx Flo-tech Solution Foam and Gel Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion uses a combination of slim, shaped foam and dual gel sacs to provide high levels of pressure relief and weight distribution. This combination results in protection for the ischial and sacral areas as well as an increased support surface area, making the cushion suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development.
This cushion is available in a range of sizes and with a choice of four covers. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
- Provides pressure relief suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development
- Made with a combination of shaped foam and gel to provide excellent relief
- Dual fluid sacs cover the sacral and ischial areas for enhanced comfort
- Gel sac also increases immersion of the ischial tuberosities
- Provides a slim profile to provide convenience during daily activities
- Shaped design maximises contact surface area and pressure distribution
- Available with a range of two-way stretch, water-resistant covers
- Covers are treated to be ingress-resistant to reduce contamination risk
- Offers increased pelvic and lateral stability to enhance posture
- Suitable for users up to a maximum user weight of 140kg
Contoured Foam and Pressure Relieving Fluid
The dual fluid sacs combine with the contoured foam of this cushion to redistribute pressure away from bony prominences and maximise contact surface area. This enhances weight distribution, ensuring no area experiences a high amount of pressure. The ischial and sacral areas are well protected, making the cushion suitable for users at very high risk of ulcer development.
The slimline design of this cushion makes it ideal for use with both chairs and wheelchairs. It also makes side transfers simple and efficient, improving safety and reducing injury risk for both patients and carers.
The covers supplied with this cushion are ingress-resistant to improve both hygiene and longevity. Treated with a fluorocarbon-based fluid repellent finish to prevent wetting and reduce risk of contamination, these covers prevent fluid ingress and aid in the prevention of pressure ulcers.
As with all other Flo-tech cushions, the foam of this cushion has been treated with Ultra-fresh. This is an antimicrobial treatment that helps to make the cushion more resistant to the growth of odour-causing bacteria to provide longer-lasting freshness.
The covers for this cushion come with a variety of features to suit your needs and make maintenance simple:
- Allows air to circulate
- Reduces the risk of moisture/air build up
- May prevent maceration
Black Wipedown Cover
- A fabric outer surface
- Water-resistant, easy to maintain wipedown surface
- Facilitates easy transfer
- Suitable for clients with continence issues
Black Smooth Cover
- Black fabric material
- Reduces potential for perspiration and irritation of the skin
- Facilitates easy transfers
Baltic Blue PU Cover
- Two-way stretch materials
- Highly water-resistant
- Prevents soiling of cushion
- Height: 78mm
- Weight: 3.08kg
- Maximum user weight: 140kg (22 stone)
- Max cleaning temperature: 80°C
- Warranty: 3 Years
- Interior foam: BS EN 1021-1, BS EN 1021-2, BS 5852: 1982 Crib 5