Repose Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion for Wheelchairs and Static Chairs
The Repose Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion for Wheelchairs and Chairs has been designed to improve comfort and redistribute pressure when you're seated in a static chair or general-purpose wheelchair. It utilises inflatable air cells to reduce your risk of pressure sore development.
What's Included with the Care-Sit Cushion?
The following items are included:
- 1 x Repose Care-Sit Inflatable Inner Section
- 1 x Cover for the Care-Sit Inflatable Inner Section
- 1 x Repose Pump
Can I Use the Repose Care-Sit Cushion?
This Repose Care-Sit Cushion is suitable if you're at risk or very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. It provides effective pressure redistribution to prevent pressure ulcers, and is designed to improve your comfort when seated in a static chair or general-purpose wheelchair.
This pressure cushion is also suitable for users with pressure-related tissue damage, though clinical supervision is recommended for more severe damage. The cushion is suitable for bearing weight of up to 139kg.
How Does the Repose Care-Sit Cushion Relieve Pressure?
Low air technology in the cushion distributes weight and pressure evenly without losing shape. All Repose products feature Smart Valve Technology, which automatically ensures the cushion inflates to the optimal pressure. This pressure has been demonstrated over time to be the optimal balance between comfort and efficacy for pressure ulcer prevention and treatment.
Will the Repose Care-Sit Cushion Fit My Chair?
The Repose Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion has been designed to fit most standard chairs and general-purpose wheelchairs, with a choice choice of widths to suit your requirements. The dimensions are as follows:
- Inflated Back Section Length: 450mm
- Inflated Seat Section Length: 450mm
- Total Inflated Length: 950mm
- Inflated Back and Seat Width: 400mm OR 450mm (please select your required size from the drop-down menu at the top of the page)
Is the Pump Included with the Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion?
The pump is included with the Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion. This way, you can inflate your Care-Sit cushion and attach it to your chair quickly and easily as soon as it arrives with you!
How Quickly Does the Care-Sit Cushion Inflate?
When inflated with the pump, the Repose Care-Sit Pressure Relief Cushion inflates in a matter of minutes. As soon as it's inflated, you're ready to attach the cushion to your chair.
How Do I Fit the Care-Sit Cushion to My Chair?
There are three steps to preparing and fitting your Care-Sit Cushion:
- Inflate the inner section. This is done by connecting the valve on the pump to the valve on the cushion, and inflating until you head air exhausting from the pump valve.
- Affix the Care-Sit cover. Lay the Care-Sit cover with the fixing straps beneath, insert the inflatable inner section lengthways into the cover, and lay flat with the valves facing down. Zip the cover closed.
- Strap the Care-Sit securely in place. Loop both of the upper fixing straps over the wheelchair handles, loop the lower fixing straps around the back of the chair under the armrests, and clip the fixing strap in place. Adjust to secure.
Please view the fitting instructions manual in the PDF below. There you will find visual diagrams to assist with fitting your Care-Sit Cushion to your static chair or wheelchair.
|Care-Sit Cushion Fitting Instructions |
Can I Use the Repose Pressure Relief Cushion When Lying Down?
The Repose Care-Sit Cushion is recommended primarily for use in a general-purpose wheelchair or static chair. For pressure relief while lying down, we recommend the Repose Mattress Pressure Relief Overlay if you are at high risk of pressure ulcer development when in bed.
How Do I Wash the Repose Care-Sit Cushion?
The Repose Care-Sit Cushion can be wiped down with soap or detergent and water. Please allow the Care-Sit Cushion to dry before use or storage.
The Care-Sit cover, once removed from the inflatable section, can be unzipped and turned inside out. It can then be machine washed at 60°C, and then allowed to dry before use or storage.
|Repose Care-Sit Washing Instructions |
Is the Repose Care-Sit Cushion Latex-Free?
The Repose Care-Sit Cushion is latex-free. This makes it ideal if you suffer from latex allergies or find latex-based products uncomfortable or irritating.
Is the Repose Care-Sit Cushion Fire Resistant?
The Repose Care-Sit Cushion has been tested to conform with BS: 7175 Crib Test 5 (Methods of test for the ignitability of bed covers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources).
What Do I Do If My Cushion Gets a Puncture?
While it's rare that a Repose cushion develops a puncture, in the unlikely event of a puncture occurring in your cushion we recommend that you replace the Care-Sit with a new one. There is no evidence to suggest that the same level of support is provided if Repose products are used after a puncture is repaired.
Am I Eligible for VAT Relief?
You may be eligible for VAT relief with the Repose Care-Sit Cushion. Please see our VAT tab at the top of this product listing for more information.
What Makes the Repose Care-Sit Cushion Stand Out?
The following key features and benefits of the Repose Care-Sit Cushion make it one of our top pressure relief cushion recommendations:
- Ideal if you're at risk to very high risk of developing pressure ulcers
- Effective pressure redistribution to prevent pressure ulcers
- Redistributes pressure across the whole surface for at-risk areas of the body
- Designed for use when seated in a static chair or general-purpose wheelchair
- Adjustable straps for a secure fit and safer use
- Improves comfort from pressure-related tissue damage (supervision advised for severe damage)
- Evenly distributes weight and pressure without losing shape
- Smart Valve Technology ensures optimal inflation for maximum comfort and pressure ulcer prevention
- Inflates in seconds with the provided pump for quick and convenient use as a pressure cushion
- Latex-free pressure relief chair cushion for improved comfort and versatility
- Inner section suitable for wiping down clean; removable cover is machine washable at 60°C
- Tested to conform with BS: 7175 Crib Test 5 (Methods of test for the ignitability of bed covers and pillows by smouldering and flaming ignition sources)
- Accommodates user weight of up to 139kg
Please note that, if deterioration in skin is noted, clinical advice should be sought and, if so advised, the use of the product discontinued. This product is not suitable for individuals with unstable spinal fractures.