Roma Breathable Slide Mattress Cover
With long-term patients who require constant care, it's important to be able to adjust their position and make them comfortable without having to disturb them. The Roma Breathable Slide Mattress Cover offers a simple answer to the problem of constantly putting slide sheets in and out of the bed. Thinner than a bed sheet, this cover fits over the mattress without impinging on any pressure reducing qualities the mattress may have, and slides easily when used with a flat sheet to perform transfers or evacuations.
Features and Benefits of the Roma Mattress Cover
- Used for re-positioning bed-ridden patients who require longer-term, 24-hour care
- Does not impinge on properties of pressure reducing mattresses
- Allows independent turning for people beginning to experience difficulty
- Patients do not slip when elevated in a sitting position
- Suitable for use with Flat Slide Sheets (Washable or Disposable with/without handles)
- Lightweight and breathable for added comfort
- Available in Standard and Double size
Using the Breathable Slide Mattress Cover
The Roma Breathable Slide Mattress Cover is used by placing the cover over the bed mattress and then putting the normal bed sheet on top, tucking it in. When you need to re-position someone, un-tuck the bed sheet and then either move them using the sheet or unroll a flat slide sheet in between the layers (without disturbing the patient) and use this to achieve a new position. Then slip out the slide sheet easily, re-tuck the bed sheet and your patient will be comfortable.
This is ideal when caring for patients who require long-term, 24-hour care. Watch the video below to see how the Roma Cover is set up and used.
Most Common Areas of Use
The Roma Slide Mattress Cover makes it easy to adjust someone's position without disturbing them, making it the ideal aid for all areas with patients who require 24-hour care. It is especially suitable for:
- Children's nursing
- Community nursing
- High dependency patients' care
- Home care
- Occupational therapy
- Social services
- Stroke care
- Palliative care