Simple Plus Bariatric Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress System
For heavier bed-bound patients, a reinforced air mattress that periodically shifts a patient's weight must often be used to reduce pressure sore risk. The Simple Plus Bariatric Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress System provides dynamic relief for patients up to 300kg in weight, and includes features like adjustable cycle times, CPR tags and seat inflation mode to make it suitable for those at high risk of pressure sore development.
- 1 x Mattress
- 1 x Pump
- 1 x Waterproof Mattress Cover
- Provides pressure relief for larger patients up to 300kg in weight
- Suitable for patients at high risk of pressure sore development
- Air cells along the patient's body independently inflate and deflate to reduce high pressure zones
- Each air cell is individually removable to aid with decontamination and cost-effective replacement
- Supplied with a multi-stretch waterproof cover with welded seams to prevent fluid ingress
- CPR tags allow for rapid deflation while max firm setting provides a stable surface for transfers
- Adjustable cycle times of 10 - 25 minutes for customised care
- Seat inflate setting provides comfortable support when the patient is sitting up in bed
- All components are designed for easy cleaning to adhere to infection control protocols
Who Can Use the Simple Plus Bariatric Mattress?
This mattress is designed to provide high quality pressure relief to larger patients, as it is made with a reinforced 300kg weight capacity and a 120cm width. It can be used in care homes, hospitals and residential care environments alongside other care items for bariatric patients.
Enhanced Care Safety
The Simple Plus Bariatric Mattress is designed to adhere to all safety recommendations for care homes and hospitals, and includes a number of safety features. These include:
- CPR Tags: Easily-accessible tags to allow instant inflation in emergency scenarios
- Auto Lock Out Function: Freezes controls to prevent tampering with care settings
- Max Firm Setting: Inflates all air cells to provide a stable support surface – ideal for transfers and nursing procedures
Individual Alternating Air Cells
This mattress offers excellent pressure relief with a series of independent and removable PU air cells that alternate pressure along the user's body. The removable design of these cells makes this mattress simple to decontaminate, boosting the level of hygiene and allowing for individual replacement in the event of damage to a single cell. The use of an underlying mattress is not necessary, as this is a full mattress replacement.
Adjustable Cell Cycles
To ensure the correct care is provided to each patient, cell cycle times can be adjusted between 10, 15, 20 and 25 minutes. This allows for care teams to adjust the dynamic cell therapy to the correct intensity based on the needs for each patient.
Seat Inflate Setting
Patients can spend a lot of time sitting up in bed, which requires a different support profile compared to when lying down. The seat inflation setting provides support at the lumbar, leg and back regions for a comfortable seated position.
Is a Cover Included?
This mattress is supplied complete with a multi-stretch cover with welded and reinforced seams to reduce the possibility of fluid ingress. The soft cover boosts comfort and protects the air cells with a waterproof, vapour permeable lining. Air is allowed to pass through the cover, cooling the patient and contributing to a comfortable pressure relief experience.
Dimensions and Specifications
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 200 x 120 x 26cm
- Maximum user weight: 300kg (47.2 stone)
- Product weight: 7kg
- Warranty: 2 years