Systam 30 Degree Half Positioning Wedge
For patients with low levels of mobility who spend long stretches of time lying down, the use of positioning aids is important to direct pressure to low risk areas. The Systam 30 Degree Half Positioning Wedge is made from memory foam with a high resilience insert, enabling the user to be supported in a 30 degree position. This position enhances comfort while redirecting sacral pressure to areas at lower risk of pressure sore development.
This wedge is available in two versions, with a choice between left and right-sided varieties. Please select your desired option using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Supports the user in a 30 degree position
- Reduces friction and shearing effects
- Available in left and right-sided versions
- Comfortable and soft to the touch
- Memory foam with a high resilience insert
- Relieves pressure on the sacral area
- Transfers pressure to low-risk areas
- Avoids rotation of the vertebral column
- Lowers pressure on the pelvic region
- Prevents contact between the knees
- Hollowed out sacrum to reduce contact with risk area
- Cover is waterproof and vapour permeable
- Can be washed at 90°C or decontaminated with cold sprays
- Cover has non-slip base to help it stay in place
Sacral Support and Pelvic Relief
This positioning wedge contributes to the relief of pressure on a number of high risk zones, including the sacrum, pelvis and knees. By directing pressure to low risk zones and preventing knee contact, the risk of pressure sore development is greatly lowered and comfort is boosted. The wedge also avoids rotation of the vertebral column, contributing to better posture and overall patient well-being.
Moulded Viscoelastic Foam with Memory Effect
The advanced, supportive foam used in this wedge provides precise moulding of the support to the user and an increase in the body surface in contact with the mattress, providing several key benefits:
- Provides increased pressure distribution
- Reduction of transcutaneous pressures on high risk areas
- Facilitated blood circulation in high risk areas
- Improved comfort and stability of the patient
The skin effect obtained through the moulding process provides protection of the foam against external aggressions like tearing and crumbling. Its very high density foam insert prevents deformation and sagging effects.
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.
Please note: The image above displays two inserts, while the product sold on this page is supplied in either a left or right-sided version only.