Systam Positioning Wedge for the Upper Limbs
For those that suffer from, or are at risk of oedema, it's important to take steps to combat the condition before more serious problems develop. The Systam Positioning Wedge for the Upper Limbs is designed to both prevent and reduce oedema, maintaining the comfort of the user while reducing the damaging effects of friction and shearing on the arms.
- Designed to reduce and prevent oedema in the arms
- Anatomical shape follows natural curve of the arm
- Reduces friction and shear effects of high risk areas
- Maintains limb position over time while remaining comfortable
- Suitable for use by patients in the semi-fowler position
- Extension of the elbow while lying down avoids restricting vein perfusion
- Symmetrical for effective use on the left or right arm
- Comfortable and easily adjustable attachment system
- Supplied with a vapour permeable, waterproof cover
- Can be washed at 90°C or decontaminated using cold sprays
- Dimensions: 650 x 370 x 155mm
Anatomically Shaped Wedge
This positioning wedge has been designed to be as easy to use for care teams as possible, with an anatomical shape that respects the natural curve of the arm. This shape helps to guarantee patient comfort as well as maintain the position of the upper limbs over time. It is a specially designed shape built in accordance with recommendations for upper limbs in declining positions.
The wedge is suitable for use by patients in the semi-fowler position (raised chest and/or legs). It can also be used in the lying position, where the extension of the elbow avoids restricting vein perfusion in the forearm and allows access for a drip to be put in place. The Systam Positioning Wedge for the Upper Limbs is symmetrical, so it can be used on both the right and left hand side and also facilitates handling during position reversal.
Breathable, Non-Slip Cover
The cover supplied as standard with this wedge is hygienic, comfortable and safe with a range of features to make it suitable for medical environments. It is made with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable material to maintain comfort and allow the wedge to breathe. The cover is also waterproof and non-slip, protecting the inner foam from fluids and ensuring that it stays where it needs to.
Indications of the Systam Positioning Wedge for the Upper Limbs
The Systam Positioning Wedge for the Upper Limbs is designed to reduce oedema or prevent it from appearing. It is also very well adapted for perfusions and for use by hemiplegic patients.