Systam In-Chair Upper Limb Positioning Wedge
For those who spend long stretches of time sitting down or in chair or a wheelchair, limb supports are often necessary to remedy any positional deficits that can cause high-pressure zones. The Systam In-Chair Upper Limb Positioning Wedge helps to support the upper limbs of patients with limited mobility, and is suitable for use across all chair models.
- 1 x Lower support block
- 1 x Curved anatomical arm cushion
- 1 x Multi-stretch cushion cover
Who Should Use the Systam Positioning Wedge?
This is an ideal accessory for those with low levels of mobility who spend long stretches of time sitting down. It is particularly suitable for those with reduced mobility of the upper limbs, helping to reduce pressure resulting from awkward positioning and static limb placement for extended periods.
How Does This Support Improve Comfort?
This positioning wedge represents a new concept that is totally independent of a wheelchair. The weight of the upper limb is transmitted directly to the thigh, not to the armrest, thus guaranteeing continued correction regardless of the position and mobility of the subject. It's optimised for comfort for the patient as it is designed with curves that respect the natural morphological position of the arm and hand – particularly the natural elbow/wrist angle.
How Easy Is Installation?
The Systam In-Chair Upper Limb Positioning Wedge is easy to install and is adaptable to all types of common patient movements. It allows for adaptation to all patient sizes and morphology types while remaining symmetrical for use on either the left or right arm. Rigid plates are fitted to the back of both components, contributing to the stability of the system while allowing relief of pressure on the thigh.
This advanced positioning wedge is made up of a number of components which work together to provide excellent levels of support:
1) Block with Support Element
- Maintains the arm in the device. The support element adapts to the natural curvature of the thigh.
2) Anatomical Grooves
Designed to respect the morphological position of the arm for complete comfort.
3) Movement Zone
Allows for the positioning the palm of the hand where it is needed.
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.
- Supports the upper limbs of wheelchair users
- Suitable for use across all models of chair
- Adapts to the natural curvature of the thigh
- Made from comfortable and pressure relieving viscoelastic foam
- Guarantees a continued correction and better posture
- Rigid plates boost stability and allow for thigh pressure relief
- Effective regardless of the position or mobility of the user
- Reduces friction and shearing effects that can cause sores
- Supplied with a vapour-permeable, waterproof cover
- Cover base is non-slip to help the wedge stay in place
- Can be washed at 90°C or decontaminated with cold sprays
- Dimensions: 550 x 185 x 260mm