Systam Occipital Positioning Support
For patients who spend long stretches of time lying down or supported by pressure relieving mattresses and cushions, the use of additional positioning cushions may be needed to ensure good posture. The Systam Occipital Positioning Support is designed to support the head while promoting good posture and positioning of the occipital area.
- Supports and positions the occipital area
- Promotes good posture and spinal angle
- Reduces friction and shearing effects
- Comfortable and soft to the touch
- Ergonomic foam increases sinking of the occipital area
- Foam provides excellent pressure distribution
- Shaped to naturally curve with the spine for support
- Complete with a vapour permeable, waterproof cover
- Can be washed at 90°C or decontaminated with cold sprays
- Cover has non-slip base to ensure it stays in place
- Dimensions: 500 x 430 x 95mm
Viscoelastic Pressure Distribution
The foam used in this support is high quality viscoelastic foam with memory effect, providing excellent pressure distribution. This foam allows for sinking of the occipital area, providing maximum pressure relief and patient comfort. The foam also greatly reduces the friction and shearing effects that can often result in the development of pressure sores.
The shape of this positioning support has been intelligently designed to place the head in an optimal and safe position. The foam naturally curves with the spine, providing excellent levels of cervical support and a safe spinal position. This means that patients will feel better after long periods of time sitting or lying down and lessens the risk of injury from improper posture.
Hygienic, Non-Slip Cover
The cover supplied as standard with this support is hygienic, comfortable and safe, with a range of features to make it suitable for medical environments. It is made with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable material, maintaining comfort and allowing the wedge to breathe. The cover is also waterproof with a non-slip base, protecting the inner foam from fluids and ensuring that it stays where it needs to.
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.