Systam Pressure Relief Half Heel Pad
For patients at a higher risk of pressure sore development, positioning aids may be necessary for use with specific high risk areas of the body, such as the heels. The Systam Pressure Relief Half Heel Pad is designed to prevent the development and aid the healing of pressure sores in the heels, featuring fabric coated with bi-stretch polyurethane. The shape of this heel pad allows the user freedom of movement to sit in various positions and receive pressure relief in each lower limb, making it suitable for those at high risk of pressure sore development.
- Reduces friction and shear effects on the foot
- Made with viscoelastic foam to provide comfort and relax the heel
- Relieves pressure and supports the lower limbs
- Comfortable and soft to the touch
- Slope contributes to partial pressure relief on the heel
- Features a multi-bearing surface for pressure distribution
- Hygienic and impermeable to all liquid
- Cover is breathable and waterproof
- Fitted with a non-slip cover to keep the pad in place
- Washable at 90°C
- Can be decontaminated using cold sprays
- Dimensions: 730 x 320 x 105mm
Comfort and Protection
This pressure relieving pad reduces friction and shear effects while remaining comfortable and soft to the touch. Designed to support the lower limbs, it is suitable for use by patients at a high risk of pressure sore development. With viscoelastic foam and a non-slip cover, patients and carers alike will have peace of mind that heels will be protected and the pad will stay where it needs to.
Indications of the Systam Pressure Relief Half Heel Pad
The Systam Pressure Relief Half Heel Pad is particularly well suited to cases of moderate loss of mobility of the lower limbs with a high risk of pressure sores forming. When used to assist with existing sores, this pad enables treatment of sores in cases of low to normal mobility.
Memory Effect Foam
The Systam Half Heel Pad is made of Viscoelastic foam with memory effect, helping to reduce points of high pressure on the heels. The heel sinks into the memory foam, which, combined with the curved form of the system, reduces pressure peaks in the high-risk areas.
Multi-Bearing Surface for Heel Protection
A multi-bearing surface combined with the curved form of the system makes it possible to shift the pressure points from the high-risk heel areas to the lower risk zones. Other advantages include:
- Slope creates partial pressure relief on the heel
- Suitable for partial or complete discharge of pressure
- Raised sides prevent slippage
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.