Systam Pressure Relief Heel Pad
For patients at a higher risk of pressure sore development, positioning aids may be necessary for use with specific high risk areas of the body. The Systam Pressure Relief Heel Pad is designed to prevent the development and aid the healing of pressure sores in the heels, featuring fabric coated with bi-stretch polyurethane.
- Suitable for patients at high risk of pressure sore development
- For use at bed ends to comfort users and provide relief
- Reduces friction and shear effects on the foot
- Made with viscoelastic foam to provide comfort and relax the heel
- Relieves pressure and supports the lower limbs
- Slope contributes to partial pressure relief on the heel
- Features a multi-bearing surface for pressure distribution
- Hygienic and impermeable to all liquid
- Cover is breathable and waterproof
- Fitted with a non-slip cover to keep the pad in place
- Washable at 90°C
- Can be decontaminated using cold sprays
- Dimensions (LxWxD): 730 x 640 x 105mm
Comfort and Protection
This pressure relieving pad reduces friction and shear effects while remaining comfortable and soft to the touch. Designed to support the lower limbs, it is suitable for use by patients at a high risk of pressure sore development. With viscoelastic foam and a non-slip cover, patients and carers alike will have peace of mind that heels will be protected and the pad will stay where it needs to.
Indications of the Systam Pressure Relief Heel Pad
The Systam Pressure Relief Heel Pad is particularly well suited to cases of moderate loss of mobility of the lower limbs with a high risk of pressure sores forming. When used to assist in treatment, this pad enables treatment of sores in cases of low to normal mobility.
Memory Effect Foam for Relief and Comfort
The Systam Heel Pad is made of Viscoelastic foam with memory effect, helping to reduce points of high pressure on the heels. The heel sinks into the memory foam, which, combined with the curved form of the system, reduces pressure peaks in the high-risk areas.
A multi-bearing surface combined with a unique and intelligent shape makes it possible to shift the pressure points from the high risk heel areas to the lower risk zones. Other advantages include:
- Slope creates partial pressure relief on the heel
- Suitable for partial or complete discharge of pressure
- Raised sides prevent slippage
The length of the pad is great enough to support the knee and avoid hyper-extension of the recurvatum. The width of the pad enables freedom of movement and overall patient comfort.