Tamora II Analogue Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress Overlay
Dynamic pressure relief mattresses are an excellent solution for those at high risk of pressure sores, but many systems lack the intutive use and portability that would make them ideal for most care environments. The Tamora II Analogue Alternating Pressure Relief Mattress Overlay is an alternating mattress overlay with a two-cell cycle, intuitive comfort control and transport mode for versatile and effective pressure relief. Designed for use on an existing mattress or divan bed, this dynamic system is suitable for patients at high risk of pressure sore development.
Key Features of the Tamora II Alternating Mattress Overlay
- Suitable for patients at high pressure ulcer risk
- Two-cell cycle provides optimum dynamic pressure relief
- Dynamic cycle allows the mattress to provide lower interface pressures
- Simple and intuitive control panel allows quick optimised patient care
- CPR mode for rapid deflation in case of emergencies
- Soft, waterproof, vapour permeable cover protects overlay and improves comfort
- Features a 360° zip to prevent fluid ingress while enabling the cover to easily be washed
- Designed to make cleaning and decontamination as simple for carers as possible
- Versatile design suitable for most mattresses and standard divan beds
- Elastic securing straps make it easy to secure the overlay to a divan bed or mattress
- Welded seams and integral covered air pipe protect against fluid ingress for greater longevity
- Cable management system to reduce the risk of trips and accidents
- Comfort control dial enable patients to get a level of support adjusted for their needs
- Audio and visual alarms in case of power or pressure loss to ensure support is always provided
- Maximum user weight of 200kg (31.5 stone) great for most users
Optimised Patient Comfort and Pressure Care
A two-cell cycle optimises dynamic pressure reduction to ensure maximum pressure relief is provided, and a comfort control dial allows nursing staff to adjust pressure to suit individual patient requirements. In addition to the 10 minute cycle time, the system offers variable cycle times with the choice of extended cycle periods of 15 to 20 minutes.
Lightweight and Portable
Ideal for a dynamic care environment, this mattress includes an easily activated transport mode that allows the mattress to remain inflated for up to 48 hours without power. In addition to providing safety in case of a power failure, this mode makes it simple to transfer patients and their bed without compromise to pressure care.
Transport mode keeps mattress inflated up to 48 hours for transfers and power failures
Enhanced Patient Safety
An Auto-Lockout feature prevents unintentional activation of the control panel ensuring that any setting changes are deliberate. Additionally, a timed static mode enables staff to carry out nursing procedures while ensuring that pressure relief will continue to be supplied afterwards automatically.
Efficient Infection Control Procedures
The Tamora II has been designed to ease the burden on nursing staff in the implementation of cleaning and decontamination procedures. An easy-clean waterproof cover with welded seams, enclosed zipper and integral covered air pipe will assist hospital staff in reducing infection by preventing fluid ingress and contamination.
Pressure Distribution Map
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution of the Tamora II Overlay when a patient is lying down. This particular patient is a 44 year old male with a height of 170cm, weighing 82kg.