Vicair Academy Centre Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Those who spend long stretches of time seated in a wheelchair can be at risk of pressure sore development, and this risk is further exacerbated after surgery or childbirth. The Vicair Academy Centre Relief Wheelchair Cushion is made with hundreds of small, air-filled SoftCells, distributed throughout the cushion with a removable centre section to avoid skin contact. Designed specifically for use following procedures such as perianal surgery, difficult childbirth or for those suffering from deep pressure ulcers, this cushion is suitable for those at very high risk of pressure sore development.
This cushion is available in a variety of sizes with two cover choices. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for patients at very high pressure sore risk
- Designed for use following surgery or difficult childbirth
- Also suitable for protection of existing pressure sores
- Features a removable centre circle section to avoid skin contact
- Cushion can be adapted to the needs of each client
- Offers excellent weight distribution and comfort
- Adjustability allows for bespoke postural support
- Each compartment filled with hundreds of air-filled SoftCells
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
- Suitable for active users
Very High Risk Pressure Relief
Vicair Academy cushions provide a unique combination of weight distribution, comfort, positioning and postural support, making them an excellent pressure relief solution for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development. These cushions are fully adjustable in cell density, allowing them to be customised to provide the best relief for each specific patient.
Removable Centre Circle
This cushion features a removable centre circle to avoid contact with the skin of damaged areas. This makes it ideal for use by clients following perianal surgery or difficult child birth, or for those with existing localised deep pressure ulcers.
Unique Air-Filled SoftCells
Vicair cushions are designed with a unique and innovative pressure relief system, consisting of hundreds of air-filled SoftCells. These small, pyramid-shaped cells are arranged in strategically placed compartments, allowing for bespoke support and relief. Flexible and fabric-coated, these cells have a low friction level, allowing them to move with the patient for a reduction in shear forces while conforming to body contours.
Lightweight and Low-Maintenance
This cushion is made to be easy to use and maintain, as it is lightweight and each SoftCell is independently replaceable if damaged. Once the cushion has been adjusted to the client's needs, there is little intervention required, meaning less disruption for the patient and carer.
This cushion is available with two choices of cover. Both covers feature and anti-slip bottom for stability and a two-way stretchable top for comfort and reduction of shear forces. The covers are fitted with Velcro tape on the undersides, allowing fixation to the wheelchair seat.
The two cover choices are as follows:
- Comfair Cover: This cover is made with breathable fabric, allowing it to provide excellent comfort for the patient.
- Incontinence Cover: This cover is made with waterproof incontinence-proof material, allowing it to provide excellent protection to increase cushion longevity.
- Weight: 0.4 - 1.2kg
- Max patient weight: 250kg (39.5 stone)
- Washing instructions
- Outer cover: Wash up to 60°C
- Inner cover: Hand wash
- SoftCells: Hand wash