Vicair Academy XXtra Bariatric Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion
Bariatric clients who spend long stretches of time seated in a wheelchair can be at risk of pressure sore development, and this risk is further exacerbated if the individual suffers from body asymmetry. The Vicair Academy XXtra Bariatric Pressure Relief Wheelchair Cushion offers an impressive user weight of up to 500kg, making it suitable for almost any user, and can be adjusted in density to conform to each client's needs. Designed for clients with severe functional and/or anatomical body asymmetry, this cushion is suitable for those at very high risk of pressure ulcer development.
This cushion is available in a variety of sizes with two cover choices. Select your desired options using the drop-down menus above.
Features and Benefits
- Suitable for bariatric patients at very high pressure sore risk
- Offers an impressive maximum user weight of 500kg
- Designed for those with severe functional and/or anatomical body asymmetry
- Consists of five independently adjustable, strategically-placed compartments
- Cushion can be adapted to the needs of each client
- Offers excellent weight distribution and comfort
- Adjustability allows for bespoke postural support
- Each compartment filled with hundreds of air-filled SoftCells
- Cells constantly adapt to body contours
- Lightweight and easy to maintain
- Suitable for active users
Impressive 500kg Maximum User Weight
This cushion offers a unique combination of weight distribution, comfort, positioning and postural support, making it an excellent solution for high risk pressure patients. With a maximum user weight of 500kg (78.7 stone), this cushion is suitable for virtually any bariatric user, with customisable density in each section to ensure support and comfort for each client.
Postural Support for Severe Body Asymmetry
This cushion has the ability to create a customised solution for patients with severe functional and/or anatomical body asymmetries. Consisting of five independently-adjustable compartments, the cushion can be adapted to be the perfect pressure relief solution for any user.
Unique Air-Filled SoftCells
Vicair cushions are designed with a unique and innovative pressure relief system, consisting of hundreds of air-filled SoftCells. These small, pyramid-shaped cells are arranged in strategically placed compartments, allowing for bespoke support and relief. Flexible and fabric-coated, these cells have a low friction level, allowing them to move with the patient to produce a significant reduction in shear forces while conforming to body contours.
Lightweight and Low-Maintenance
This cushion is made to be easy to use and maintain, as it is lightweight and each SoftCell is independently replaceable if damaged. Once the cushion has been adjusted to the client's needs, there is little intervention required, meaning less disruption for the patient and carer.
This cushion is available with two choices of cover. Both covers feature and anti-slip bottom for stability and a two-way stretchable top for comfort and reduction of shear forces. The covers are fitted with Velcro tape on the undersides, allowing fixation to the wheelchair seat.
The two cover choices are as follows:
- Comfair Cover: This cover is made with breathable fabric, allowing it to provide excellent comfort for the patient.
- Incontinence Cover: This cover is made with waterproof, incontinence-proof material, allowing it to provide excellent protection to increase cushion longevity.
- Weight: 1.2kg
- Max user weight: 500kg (78.7 stone)
- Washing instructions:
- Outer cover: Wash up to 60°C
- Inner cover: Hand wash
- SoftCells: Hand wash