Viola II Alternating Pressure Relief Cushion System
While pressure relief mattresses provide adequate protection from pressure sores for patients who are lying down, pressure relief cushions are required to maintain that pressure relief while they are seated in a chair. The Viola II Alternating Pressure Relief Cushion System offers continuous pressure relief for patients at very high risk of pressure sore development, featuring alternating air controlled by a simple and intuitive control panel.
Please note that the Viola II Alternating Pressure Relief Cushion System requires connection to a mains power supply. If you are looking for a pressure relief cushion for use in a wheelchair, please view our full range of pressure-relieving wheelchair cushions.
Key Features of the Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion
- Suitable for users at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Allows for around-the-clock pressure care when combined with mattress
- Suitable for patients up to 220kg in a range of chairs
- Supplied with a compact and lightweight power unit
- Comfort control allows manual pressure adjustment for optimal care
- Integral foam base provides additional support and stability
- Complete with a two-way stretch, waterproof cover for hygiene
- Audible and visual low pressure and power failure alarms to boost safety
- Available in two sizes, Small and Large
- Supplied with 1-year manufacturer's warranty
Who Can Use the Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion?
The Viola II is a dynamic pressure relief air cushion that offers continuous pressure relief and support for seated patients at very high risk of developing pressure ulcers. Offering high levels of patient comfort, the Viola II can support patients up to 160kg (Small) or 220kg (Large), and can be used in a range of chairs.
How Does the Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion Work?
The Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion is designed with a highly efficient alternating air cycle, which ensures the cushion moulds to the patient's shape and provides outstanding pressure re-distribution. Moreover, it features audible and visual low pressure and power failure alarms, which further enhance patient safety and ensure peace of mind for nursing staff.
Once the Viola II System is set up, it will make sure the cushion is always optimally inflated. The graphic below shows the pressure distribution when a patient is sitting on the Viola II through two alternating air cycles.
Pressure distribution when using the Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion
What Are the Dimensions of the Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion?
This Pressure Relief Cushion is available in two sizes to suit different chairs. You can select your desired option using the drop-down menu at the top of the page. The dimensions of the cushions are as follows:
- Small (LxWxH): 43 x 43 x 11cm (17 x 17 x 4.3")
- Large (LxWxH): 50 x 50 x 11cm (20 x 20 x 4.3")
What Makes This Pressure Relief Cushion More Efficient Than Most?
Using a highly efficient alternating air cycle, the Viola II provides the user with optimal dynamic therapy and lower interface pressures for maximum pressure reduction. This pressure reduction is boosted by an integral foam base and front support (Small size only) to provide the user with reliable security and support.
Foam inserts further enhance pressure reduction
How Easy to Set-Up Is the Viola II?
The Viola II Pressure Relief Cushion is exceptionally easy to set up even by an inexperienced user. You can have set up in three simple steps:
- Place the cushion overlay on top of the chair seat cushion, ensuring that the cushion is located as per the cushion label with the cells going across the cushion and the foam support located at the front for the Small cushion.
- The power unit can be placed on the floor underneath the chair. Ensure that the power cable is routed in such a manner so that it can't be twisted, trapped, crushed or stressed.
- To connect the cushion to the power unit, plug the cable into a suitable electrical socket and switch it "ON" using mains power switch found at the side of the power unit. The power will start the inflation and the "Normal Pressure" indicator will flash.
You can read more about setting up the Viola II in the user manual. Please click the PDF icon below to view the complete manual.
Is the Viola II Adjustable?
This system features an intuitive and simple comfort control system, allowing carers to quickly and easily adapt the system to their patient's needs. It allows easy setup, providing optimum performance immediately to maximise quality of care.
What Happens If Pressure Gets Too Low?
Audible and visual low pressure and power loss alarms help to improve patient safety. Carers are immediately alerted if the pressure drops too low to be functional, enabling them to react quickly to remedy the situation.
How Can I Keep the Viola II Clean?
This pressure relief cushion features a stretch waterproof cover that is vapour-permeable with an integral air pipe and an enclosed zip to reduce risks of fluid ingress, enabling reliable hygiene maintenance. The cover also helps to improve patient comfort and maintain the integrity of the patient's skin by reducing both shear and friction forces.
Removable cover helps keep the cushion hygienic
How Loud Is the Viola II?
The Viola II needs to be connected to a mains power supply at all times to provide optimal protection. This, however, does not make it uncomfortable or inconvenient to use, as the noise produced by the pump never exceeds 48dB, which is only slightly louder than a bird call (44dB).
- Minimum User Weight: 32kg (5 stone)
- Maximum User Weight:
- Small: 160kg (25 stone)
- Large: 220kg (34 stone)
- Cushion Dimensions:
- Small: 43cm x 43cm x 11cm
- Large: 50cm x 50cm x 11cm
- Power Unit Dimensions: 275 x 135 x 125mm
- Power Unit Weight: 2.3kg
- Cycle Time: 10 minutes
- Power Supply Voltage: 230V 50Hz
- Noise Level: 48dB
- Cover Material: Polyester PU
- Pressure Range: 30 - 70mmHg
- Classification: Class I Type BF
- Compliance: EN 60601-1
Please note: This product must be connected to a mains power supply at all times to function.