Viola II Alternating Pressure Relief Cushion System
While pressure relief mattresses provide adequate protection from pressure sores for patients who are lying down, pressure relief cushions are required to maintain that pressure relief while they are seated in a chair or wheelchair. The Viola II Alternating Pressure Relief Cushion System offers continuous pressure relief for patients, featuring alternating air controlled by a simple and intuitive control panel. With low interface pressures for optimal dynamic therapy, this cushion provides excellent care for those at high to very high risk of pressure sore development.
This cushion is available in two sizes to suit different chairs and wheelchairs. Select your desired option using the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Suitable for users at very high risk of pressure sore development
- Allows for around-the-clock pressure care when combined with mattress
- Suitable for patients up to 220kg in a range of chairs
- Supplied with a compact and lightweight power unit
- Comfort control allows manual pressure adjustment for optimal care
- Integral foam base provides additional support and stability
- Complete with a two-way stretch, waterproof cover for hygiene
- Audible and visual low pressure and power failure alarms to boost safety
Using a highly efficient alternating air cycle, the Viola II provides the user with optimal dynamic therapy and lower interface pressures for maximum pressure reduction. This pressure reduction is boosted by an integral foam base and front support (small size only) to provide the user with reliable security and support.
This system features an intuitive and simple comfort control system, allowing carers to quickly and easily adapt the system to their patient's needs. It allows easy setup, providing optimum performance immediately to maximise quality of care.
Low Pressure and Power Loss Alarms
Audible and visual low pressure and power loss alarms help to improve patient safety. Carers can be immediately be alerted if the pressure drops too low to be functional, enabling them to react immediately to remedy the situation.
Lightweight Power Unit
The power unit included with the Viola II provides continuous and reliable alternating air to the cushion. It is incredibly easy to set up and use, with simple and clear controls so the system can be configured for individual needs.
This cushion features a stretch waterproof cover that is vapour-permeable with an integral air pipe and an enclosed zip to reduce risks of fluid ingress, enabling reliable hygiene maintenance. The cover also helps to improve patient comfort and maintain the integrity of the patient's skin by reducing both shear and friction forces.
Pressure Distribution Map
The graphic below shows the pressure distribution when a patient is sitting on the Viola II through two alternating air cycles.
- Minimum user weight: 32kg (5 stone)
- Maximum user weight:
- Small: 160kg (25 stone)
- Large: 220kg (34 stone)
- Cushion dimensions:
- Small: 430mm x 430mm x 110mm
- Large: 500mm x 500mm x 110mm
- Power unit dimensions:
- Power unit weight: 2.3kg
- Cycle time: 10 minutes
- Power supply voltage: 230V 50Hz
- Noise level: 48dB
- Cover material: Polyester PU
- Pressure range: 30 mmHg - 70 mmHg
- Classification: Class I Type BF
- Compliance: EN 60601-1
Please note: This product must be connected to a mains power supply at all times to function.