Harvest Kensington Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Overlay
For patients that are bed bound, a proper pressure relieving mattress must be used to prevent the development of pressure ulcers due to constant contact between the bed and the patient's skin. The Harvest Kensington Pressure Relief Alternating Air Mattress Overlay is an excellent option, and is made up of 18 interchangeable air cells to make cleaning and repair simple. Providing excellent weight distribution, this overlay is designed for use over a standard mattress, and is suitable for those at high risk of pressure sore development.
This mattress is available with a choice of two air pumps to allow full functionality. Select your desired option with the drop-down menu at the top of the page.
- Suitable for patients at high risk of developing pressure sores
- Overlay mattress designed for use on top of an existing mattress
- Features 18 independent alternating air cells for comfort
- Air cell are made with TPU to reduce noise during inflation and deflation
- Cells are removable to aid with cleaning and decontamination
- Pillow section provides additional stability and support
- Choice of two pumps for different maximum user weights (158 - 184kg)
- Suitable for use with fully profiling beds
- Supplied with two-way stretch waterproof cover
- Lightweight to allow easy transport by carers
- Cover is vapour permeable to allow air flow
18 Interchangeable Air Cells
This mattress overlay system offers high levels of pressure relief due to its 18 independent and removable air cells that alternate pressure along the user's body. The removable design of these cells makes this mattress simple and efficient to decontaminate, boosting the level of hygiene and making it suitable for a variety of medical environments. The use of an underlying base mattress is necessary with this overlay system, as it will provide stability in the unlikely event of deflation.
Waterproof, Vapour-Permeable Cover Included
Aside from the pressure relieving alternating air pressure provided by this overlay system, it comes complete with a comfortable, multi-stretch cover. The cover boosts the comfort of this mattress and protects the air cells with a waterproof, vapour permeable lining. Air is allowed to pass through the cover, cooling the patient and contributing to a comfortable pressure relief experience.
Supportive and Versatile
To further enhance patient comfort, the Kensington Overlay features a pillow section, providing extra support to the user's head for improved stability. To make the mattress as versatile as possible, it is very light in weight, allowing easy transportation and adjustment by carers.
This mattress is available with a choice of three air pumps, each providing a different maximum user weight. The pump choices are as follows:
This mattress is available at a discounted rate for care facilities who wish to buy five or more. Call our Customer Care Team at 020 7501 0592 for details.
Dimensions and Specifications
- Dimensions: 2000 x 900 x 110mm
- Weight: 6kg
- Pressure risk rating: High risk
- Minimum patient weight: 32kg (5 stone)