Systam Circular Positioning Cushion
For many users with extensive pressure relief needs, positioning systems should be used in addition to cushions and mattresses to provide more effective preventative treatment. The Systam Circular Positioning Cushion is designed to ensure better patient posture in a number of areas, including the head, back and arms. Made from ultra-light polystyrene micro-beads, this cushion is an excellent add-on to larger pressure relief systems.
- Provides extra comfort to existing pressure relief systems
- Rectifies severe postural issues to boost pressure relief
- Offers support to the entire upper body while lying down
- Made from ultra-light polystyrene micro-beads for premium comfort
- Can be placed behind the back to support the head, arms and shoulders
- Provides a preventative treatment for pressure sores
- Helps a patient to be correctly positioned
- Supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable cover
- Cover is waterproof to protect from fluids and spills
- Reduces both friction and shear forces on particular areas
- Simple to use and quick to put in place
- Dimensions: 460 x 460mm
Enhanced Pressure Relief
This positioning cushion provides a preventative approach to pressure relief that will complement traditional relief systems. The preventative approach provides a number of advantages, as the user can be correctly positioned in order to improve the pressure distribution for a number of different zones.
This cushion significantly reduces friction and shear forces while rectifying postural issues which can exacerbate pressure sore risk. While the majority of positioning cushions focus on a specific risk area of the body, this cushion excels by offering postural support to multiple regions. With support for the head, back, shoulders and arms, this cushion offers remarkable levels of assistance for a single cushion.
Simple to Use
One of the primary benefits of the use of positioning cushions for pressure relief is their ease of setup relative to their enormous reward. By solving severe postural issues, this simple cushion can drastically increase the efficacy of other pressure relief systems, providing the user with comfort and safety. Simple to use, quick to put in place and extremely effective, this cushion is an essential tool for the treatment of patients with significant levels of pressure sore risk.
Hygienic and Safe
Any cushion that is to be used in a medical environment must be able to be thoroughly cleaned, and function hygienically. That's why this cushion is supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable cover. This cover allows the cushion to breathe, retaining its shape while protecting it from spills and fluids.
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.