Systam Decubitus Positioning Cushion
For many users with extensive pressure relief needs, positioning systems should be used in addition to cushions and mattresses to provide more effective preventative treatment. The Systam Decubitus Positioning Cushion is designed to ensure better patient posture in a number of areas, including the head, back, hips and legs. Made from ultra-light polystyrene micro-beads, this cushion is an excellent add-on to larger pressure relief systems.
- Provides extra comfort to existing pressure relief systems
- Rectifies severe postural issues to boost pressure relief
- Offers support to the entire body while lying down
- Made from ultra-light polystyrene micro-beads for premium comfort
- Most effective when placed behind the head and between the legs
- Prevents the thighs from touching, reducing friction and moisture
- Provides a preventative treatment for pressure sores
- Helps a patient to be correctly positioned
- Supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour-permeable cover
- Cover is waterproof to protect from fluids and spills
- Reduces both friction and shear forces on particular areas
- Simple to use and quick to put in place
Enhanced Pressure Relief
This positioning cushion provides a preventative approach to pressure relief that will complement traditional relief systems. The preventative approach provides a number of advantages, as the user can be correctly positioned in order to reduce risk of injury on a range of different risk zones.
This cushion significantly reduces friction and shear forces while rectifying postural issues that can exacerbate pressure sore risk. While the majority of positioning cushions focus on a specific risk area of the body, this cushion excels by offering postural support to multiple regions. With support for the head, hips, legs and feet, this cushion offers remarkable levels of assistance for a single cushion.
Simple to Use
One of the primary benefits of the use of positioning cushions for pressure relief is their ease of setup relative to their enormous reward. By solving severe postural issues, this simple cushion can drastically increase the efficacy of other pressure relief systems, providing the user with comfort and safety. Simple to use, quick to put in place and extremely effective, this cushion is an essential tool for the treatment of patients with significant levels of pressure sore risk.
Hygienic and Safe
Any cushion that is to be used in a medical environment must be able to be thoroughly cleaned, and function hygienically. That's why this cushion is supplied with a two-way stretch, vapour permeable cover. This cover allows the cushion to breathe, retaining its shape while protecting it from spills and fluids.