Systam Half-Moon Micro Bead Postural Cushion
While pressure relief mattresses and cushions can provide high levels of pressure relief, some users with low muscular control may require the use of positioning aids for comfort and relief. The Systam Half-Moon Micro Bead Postural Cushion holds the pelvis and upper body firmly in place when the patient is in semi-Fowler or dorsal position, helping to relieve pressure on the elbows. Helping to significantly reduce friction and shear forces, this cushion can help to rectify the postural issues that are often the root cause of pressure sore development.
- Helps to rectify the postural issues that can lead to pressure sore development
- Holds the pelvis firmly in place when in the semi-Fowler or dorsal positions
- Provides pressure relief for the elbows to reduce pressure sore risk
- Fitted with a strap for extra support to ensure proper positioning
- Suitable for use on a wheelchair for all-day postural support
- Helps to enhance comfort and adaptability for the user
- Supplied with two covers, with one removable for washing
- Filled with light and malleable polystyrene micro-beads for easy adjustment
- EasyShape Adjustment System provides reliable and simple adjustment
- Provides a number of advantages, including reduced friction and shear forces
EasyShape Adjustment System
This cushion has been designed with the EasyShape Adjustment System, allowing it to be easily adjusted to better suit each patient's specific morphology. The straps attached to the cushion cover make it simple for precise positioning, as by pulling on the straps the curvature of the cushion can be increased.. To ensure it stays in the correct position after adjustment, the straps can be tied, providing a secure and reliable shape.
Expanded Polystyrene Micro-Beads
This cushion is filled with ultra-light polystyrene micro-beads, providing versatile and simple adjustment. The small granulometry of the beads enhances patient comfort, while providing an almost endless array of positions to ensure the user's morphology is fully conformed to. To ensure compliance to all safety regulations, these beads have achieved an M1 rating for improved fire resistance.
Two Covers for Hygiene
To ensure this cushion is as hygienic as possible, it's supplied with two covers, the outermost of which is removable and made of polymaille to be antibacterial and antifungal. Extendable in two directions, this cover can help to reduce shearing and friction forces, thereby minimising pressure sore risk. This cover is totally waterproof, and it washable at 95°C and can be decontaminated by means of cold-spraying
Tested for Fire Safety
All Systam products have been tested for fire safety under BS 7177:2008 for resistance to ignition. This includes tests in accordance with BS EN 597-1, BS EN 597-2 and BS 6807.